These are your copies of the weekly newsletter and notices, Sunday Message Reflections, the readings and Gospel and a Homily. Take some time out each week to read these and pray for the most in need in our local community and across our global family.
From the latest government update some Covid restrictions remain in place across the UK, under these guidelines Places of Worship are allowed to remain OPEN for public service. We will continue to celebrate Masses as we have been since January 2021, Mass will be celebrated at St Aidan’s on Sunday (10.00am) and Wednesday (9.30am) and at St Bernadette’s at 11.30am each Sunday. Private Masses with no congregation will be celebrated outside of those times.
COVID Vaccination Appeal
I am delighted to tell you that our Parish appeal to fund vaccinations for those in the developing world has raised an AMAZING £6000!
You have indeed responded to the challenge of Pope Francis in Fratelli Tutti when he called upon Christians to “respond to our sister or brother in need, whoever they are, wherever they are, wherever they may come from (FT72.” We are challenged to turn outwards, to act as neighbours, and to reach out to all those who are in need.”
I am proud to belong to such communities and I hope you will pass on our thanks to all who have contributed. We will send the donations to the UNICEF appeal as soon as possible.
Seats are now booking up really quickly and are sold out by Tuesday evening. Tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis so this means that everyone who wants to attend may not be able to so please follow the guidelines below:
- Please only reserve a place if you are sure you are going to attend – if after booking a mass you later find for whatever reason that you are not going to be able to come could you please cancel the booking and give someone else the opportunity to take your place. To cancel a booking – follow the link in your confirmation email and click refund or alternatively contact us via email.
- Please only book for the required number of people i.e. don’t book a family ticket if only 2 seats are required, try to book a couple or individual seats instead.
- If you can’t get a place on a Sunday please consider attending on a Wednesday morning if possible.
- If you reserve a ticket and do not turn up on more than 2 occasions this will be addressed.
- If tickets are sold out please check again later in the week for any cancellations as more seats may become available
- If you have any problems while booking or cancelling then please let us know and we will happily help you.
It is critical that the booking system remains in place to comply with government Track & Trace regulations we have a maximum capacity of 70 people so booking for Mass is ESSENTIAL.
|Bookings can be made using the link below from Monday morning until 24hrs before Mass begins:|
To protect you and the rest of our church community please read the information on the booking page before you come along:
- Please DO NOT attend if you or any member of your household have any symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have been in contact with anyone who has.
- If after booking a mass you later find for whatever reason that you are not going to be able to attend could you please cancel the booking and give someone else the opportunity to take your place. To cancel a booking – follow the link in your confirmation email and click refund.
I would like to reassure you that we have done everything that we can to ensure your safety within our church. Please remember that face coverings are mandatory.
Please light a virtual candle and add your own prayers requests and/or intentions in the comments section below. Though parishioners may be unable to attend, Fr John will celebrate Mass for the people whose names are on the prayer page. (If you are requesting a prayer for a living person please ensure you have their permission.)30th-May-2021-Trinity-Sunday_1-1