These are your copies of the weekly newsletter and notices, Sunday Message Reflections, the readings and Gospel and a Homily. Take some time out each week to read these and pray for the most in need in our local community and across our global family.
From the latest government update on 12th April Covid restrictions remain in place across the UK, however, under these guidelines Places of Worship are allowed to remain OPEN for public service. We will continue to celebrate Masses as we have been since January 2021. Mass will be celebrated at St Aidan’s on Sunday (10.00am) and Wednesday (9.30am) only and will continue to be held at St Bernadette’s at 11.30am each Sunday. Private Masses with no congregation will be celebrated outside of those times.
COVID Vaccination Appeal
I am delighted to tell you that the total raised for this appeal currently stands at just over £4300 – your generosity as AMAZING! We thank most warmly those who have contributed, please pass this on to any of your friends and family who have helped to support our campaign.
We have had an anonymous donor come forward who has offered to increase the amount raised by 25% – which is the amount of Gift Aid which could have been claimed by taxpayers and increases the amount given also by non-gift aiders.
We are indeed responding to the call of Pope Francis in Fratelli Tutti : This moves us to respond to our sister or brother in need, whoever they are, wherever they may come from (FT, 72).
WHAT MORE CAN WE DO?
We are asking people to consider donating the cost of a vaccine; £5-10; to enable someone, somewhere else in the world, to have the vaccine too.
Just like the effects of Covid this appeal can reach out well beyond the confines of our local church community. In association with two independent groups: GAVI; a group set up with the purpose of vaccinating people in low and middle income countries across the developing world and COVAX; a programme specifically created for the development and manufacture of the Covid-19 vaccines and to guarantee fair access across the world without political, religious or cultural bias we have set up a GoFundMe page where you can make a donation directly. I am asking you to also reach out to your friends, family and workplaces and any other venue where you think that people can help. Send them the link to our fundraising page below and ask for their support too. The collection will remain open for one more week
Care to join us? Please click and/or circulate the link below to donate anything you can:
If you are unable to donate online and would still like to contribute please place your donations in an envelope marked ‘VACCINATIONS’ and we will make sure it is added to the total. The collection will remain open for one more week
Seats are now booking up really quickly and are sold out by Tuesday evening. Tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis so this means that everyone who wants to attend may not be able to so please follow the guidelines below:
- Please only reserve a place if you are sure you are going to attend – if after booking a mass you later find for whatever reason that you are not going to be able to come could you please cancel the booking and give someone else the opportunity to take your place. To cancel a booking – follow the link in your confirmation email and click refund or alternatively contact us via email.
- Please only book for the required number of people i.e. don’t book a family ticket if only 2 seats are required, try to book a couple or individual seats instead.
- If you can’t get a place on a Sunday please consider attending on a Wednesday morning if possible.
- If you reserve a ticket and do not turn up on more than 2 occasions this will be addressed.
- If tickets are sold out please check again later in the week for any cancellations as more seats may become available If you have any problems while booking or cancelling then please let us know and we will happily help you.
It is critical that the booking system remains in place to comply with government Track & Trace regulations we have a maximum capacity of 70 people so booking for Mass is ESSENTIAL.
|Bookings can be made using the usual link below from Monday morning until 24hrs before Mass begins:|
To protect you and the rest of our church community please read the information on the booking page before you come along:
- Please DO NOT attend if you or any member of your household have any symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have been in contact with anyone who has.
- If after booking a mass you later find for whatever reason that you are not going to be able to attend could you please cancel the booking and give someone else the opportunity to take your place. To cancel a booking – follow the link in your confirmation email and click refund.
I would like to reassure you that we have done everything that we can to ensure your safety within our church. Please remember that face coverings are mandatory.
Please light a virtual candle and add your own prayers requests and/or intentions in the comments section below. Though parishioners may be unable to attend, Fr John will celebrate Mass for the people whose names are on the prayer page. (If you are requesting a prayer for a living person please ensure you have their permission.)16th-MAY-7TH-EASTER_1-1